10:15am – 11:45am
Location: 13401 Escarpment Blvd, Austin, TX 78739Category: Worship | Coordinator: Timothy Fox
Please join us for corporate worship on Sunday mornings. Drive through the Veritas Academy gate at the roundabout, and then down the road until you see the main four-story building and parking nearby. We gather in the theater on the fourth floor.
We will be employing strategies to help support the health of our church and community, and we appreciate your help to make sure we are conducting ourselves wisely.
Steps we're taking to enhance hygiene:
1. The facility will be cleaned before worship.
2. Doors will be propped open to avoid touching handles.
3. Someone will be available to press buttons in the elevator, if you need to use it.
4. Hand sanitizer will be at the auditorium's rear door.
5. Distanced seating (six feet between groups).
6. Our greeting time (passing of the peace) will be no-touch — wave, smile, etc.
7. Offering plates will be at the back door.
8. For communion, a piece of bread/cracker will be in a cup stacked under a cup of wine — you will come forward by household and grab your own stack of cups (or someone can bring cups back to their household). Those who prep communion will sanitize and wear masks. The officiating elders will sanitize before removing tray lids and then stand a ways back from the cups.
9. No bulletins or pew bibles.
10. No nursery and children's Bible class. We are glad to have all the children in the service, noises and all. :)
11. Snacks and coffee will not be available.
In consideration of attending worship:
1. If you have any Covid-19 symptoms or have known exposure to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, do not attend until two weeks have passed symptom-free. Click here for a list of symptoms.
2. If you are 65 or older, or have underlying medical conditions that place you at higher risk (see here), we encourage you to consider staying home to watch our livestream at 10:15am (at our usual Youtube link). We will try to post a link to our powerpoint slides (so you can follow along with the songs and liturgy).
3. We also realize that some of us may be uncomfortable attending for now because of medical or personal reasons; we understand that we each need to make a decision before the Lord about this in this very unusual and difficult time, and want to encourage you however we can. Please feel free to watch the livestream until you are ready to return, and keep in touch about how we can help you.
When you attend, please:
1. Try to arrive 15 minutes early to ensure adequate time for entrance and seating.
2. Use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the auditorium or restroom, and cover coughs + sneezes.
3. Sit with at least six feet between your household and others'.
4. Feel comfortable wearing a mask and/or gloves.
5. Remove all personal items and trash from your area after the service and promptly head outside, trying to maintain six feet from others.
Let us continue to reach out to and encourage one another in this grievous season of isolation, anxiety, and suffering. And above all let us trust the promises of our generous Father: "The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore" (Ps 121:8).